Dr Crowley, a Yale Medical School alumnus, is a graduate of the Washington Psychoanalytic Institute, and Past Chief of Psychiatry at Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD.
He has been re-elected for a second term on the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (Area 3 Trustee, 2010-2013 and 2013-2016)
In the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, he served on the Executive Council from 2007 to 2010.
Dr. Crowley is Past President of the Washington Psychiatric Society, Immediate Past Chair of the WPS Ethics Committee, and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, as well as Fellow of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry.
He has served as consultant to attorneys, independent medical examiner, and expert witness, in federal and state courts--as well as in courts martial--on numerous occasions. His areas of expertise include:
- Testamentary Capacity and Undue Influence
- Capacity to Contract
- Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Sexual Misconduct by Professionals
- Security Clearance
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Professional Ethics & Peer Review
- Hospital and Outpatient Treatment Standards
- Civil Commitment
- Recovered Memories
- Workplace Violence
- Dangerousness Assessments
- Fitness for Duty
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Presentencing recommendations to Court
- Criminal responsibility and sanity
- Competence for trial
- Diminished capacity
- Eligibility for release from incarceration
- Military Courts Martial
Clinical Psychiatric Care for Adults, Adolescents, and Families is Provided by Appointment at our offices on upper Connecticut Avenue (address above). A thorough initial psychiatric consultation is the first step. Thereafter, Dr. Crowley provides comprehensive office psychiatric treatment services including appropriate selection and management of medications, where indicated, and psychotherapy. For some patients already in psychotherapy with another therapist, medication management and psychiatric care are offered in collaboration with that therapist.